Gary Cronk, President of JAG Consulting Group, Inc, provides expert consulting and expert witness services for attorneys, insurance companies, adjustors, paralegals, law librarians, legal secretaries, environmental consulting companies, and public entities. Mr. Cronk has provided litigation services for both the plantiff and defendant. Mr. Gary Cronk has over 30 years experience in conducting hazardous waste contamination investigations, brownfield redevelopment, chemical safety hazard assessments, design/operation of environmental remediation systems, and expert witness testimony.
Mr. Cronk provides the following Expert Consulting and Expert Witness services:
• Soil Contamination Issues
• Groundwater Contamination Issues
• Surface Water Pollution Issues
• Brownfield Redevelopment Issues
• Property Due Diligence Issues
• Hazardous Materials Management Planning
• Landfill Site Remediation Evaluation
• Chemical Hazards and Worker Safety
The following is list of Expert Consulting and Expert Witness Cases in which Mr. Cronk has been involved in:
Crude Oil Seepage and Methane Intrusion. Provided an expert report, sworn depositions, and litigation support for the Plantiff regarding tenant exposure to methane gas and other air contaminants emanating from a naturally occurring crude oil seep beneath an apartment building. Issues included compliance with the City of Los Angeles methane ordinance. Client: BASTA (Law Firm).
• San Gabriel Valley Groundwater Superfund Site. Provided litigation support, an expert report, sworn deposition, and trial testimony in Superior Court for the Defendant regarding the liability and percent contribution to soil and groundwater VOC contamination at a potentially responsible party (PRP) site located in the El Monte Operable Unit of the San Gabriel Valley Superfund Area. Client: Prenovost, Normandin, Bergh & Dawe (Law Office).
• Improper Disposal of Hazardous Waste. Provided an expert report, sworn deposition, and litigation support for the Plaintiff regarding the improper disposal of a liquid hazardous waste by a retail department store. Issues addressed included identification of hazardous waste characteristics and improper disposal of hazardous waste in a non-hazardous waste landfill. Client: Sean T. O’Bryan (Attorney at Law).
• Landfill Site Remediation Cost Evaluation. For a confidential client, Mr. Cronk provided an independent evaluation of remediation cost estimates for the Waste Disposal Inc. Superfund site in Santa Fe Springs, CA. Mr. Cronk provided an updated present day worth cost estimate for the following alternatives: RCRA hybrid cap with passive venting system, full RCRA cap, and off-site incineration.
• Port of Oakland Brownfield Redevelopment. Provided written expert opinion for a 64-acre brownfield re-development project in the Port of Oakland, CA. Issues addressed included adequacy of soil contamination assessment, health impacts on site workers and future site users, impacts on biological resources, adequacy of site remediation activities. Client: M.R. Wolfe & Associates (Law Office).
Septic Tank Leakage and Contamination. Provided litigation support for the Plaintiff regarding an uphill neighbor’s septic tank leakage at a residential site in Sherman Oaks, CA. Release of bio-hazardous septic wastes caused spread of potential pathogenic micro-organisms and foul odors onto the Plantiff’s property. Developed a soil remediation plan to destroy the pathogenic organisms and eliminate odors. Client: Kneafsey, Tostado & Associates (Law Firm).
• Upper Santiago Creek Pollution Case. Provided litigation support, an expert report, and sworn deposition for the Plaintiff regarding a neighboring property’s contribution of water pollutants to Upper Santiago Creek. Issues addressed included beneficial uses and water quality objectives for Santiago Creek, pollutants derived from a green waste operation, and treatment options and cost estimates. Client: Bridi & Seal (Law Firm).
• Soil Contamination and Remediation at an Industrial Property. Provided litigation support and an expert report for the owner of an industrial property (Plaintiff) in La Mirada, CA that had been contaminated with VOCs and petroleum hydrocarbons. Issues addressed included delineation of the lateral and vertical extent of VOC contamination, VOCs released into the air during excavation inside the building, and the sufficiency of a prior Phase I Environmental Site Assessment. Client: Law Offices of Rueben, Raucher & Blum.
• Soil and Groundwater Contamination at a Gasoline Station Site. Provided litigation support and an expert report to the Owner of the property (Plaintiff) operated as a gasoline station in Buena Park, CA. Issues addressed included offsite migration of MTBE groundwater plume, declining efficiency of remediation systems, and cost estimate for obtaining closure of the site. Client: Law Offices of Theodore A. Anderson.
• Worker Health & Safety.. Provided expert witness testimony at a Workers Compensation case regarding a chemical company’s worker policies for handling of highly corrosive chemicals and maintaining a safe work environment. Client: Teresa Edrington, Attorney at Law
Office Phone: 714-241-7722
Cell Phone: 714-465-7767 (Gary Cronk)
E-mail address: email@example.com